Can you imagine living on $820 a month? After paying rent and utilities, the average person who comes to a food bank is left with less than $8 a day to afford food and expenses.
Many household simply go hungry in order to afford their basic needs.
- 100,000 people visited a food program
- 28% were children
- 44% food bank clients went for an entire day without food
- The #1 reason people turned to a food bank for the first time was a job loss
You can make a difference!
- Every dollar raised, provides one healthy meal
- Your fundraising puts healthy food like eggs, dairy, fruits and vegetables on people’s plates
- You will be helping your community – from Scarborough to Etobicoke and all the neighbourhoods in between, your fundraising will be helping a food program in your backyard.
- You are Daily Bread’s great resource! Daily Bread operates on community donations and does not received any united way or core government funding
- From after-school snack programs for kids to hot meals for seniors, your fundraising will impact the most vulnerable communities in your city