Douglas Family Food & Funds Drive
Nov 22 is our birthday and Alyssa is turning 50
So we thought it would be really nifty
To find a way to safely see your face
So please hop in the car and drive by our place
Wear a mask and bring some food
Together we can do some good!
Food Drop-off: Nov 22 10am-2pm
1824 Bathurst Street, Toronto
OUR GOAL: 1,000 LBS OF FOOD & $5,000
Reasons to help make a difference by donating food and/or funds now:
- 1/3 of food bank clients in the city are children and youth and many have lost access to their school food programs
- 200% increase in NEW clients accessing food banks in Toronto during the pandemic
- 25,000 visits per week average to Daily Bread member food banks
- $7.83 is all the average food bank client has left per day after housing to cover all other expenses – including food – making it impossible for them to stock the recommended supply of provisions for their family
- $5 = 5 meals - no gift is too small!
Your gift will help Daily Bread provide uninterrupted service and access to food to the most vulnerable members of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Tax receipts will be automatically issued for donations of $10 or more.
Most needed: baby food & formula, peanut & nut butters, canned fish & meat, canned fruits & vegetables, rice & grains, lentils & beans, dried pasta, pasta sauce & canned tomatoes, soups & stews, tetra-packed milk/milk alternative
Thank you in advance for your generous support.
DON'T BE SHY - DRIVE-BY - SAY HI - DROP FOOD - FEEL GOOD
With Love, Scott, Alyssa, Amanda & Jamie